Monday, June 30, 2008

Someone's mother


Her identity needs to remain under wraps for now. Woman, 32:

We went to the appointment to hear the heartbeats. I saw them and it was fine, I knew there were two. They implanted two embryos and I thought, wow, they both took. Toward the end of it I saw a dark spot and said, "What's that?"

And the nurse said, "Weeellll, it could be blood from the implantation, which is normal, but it could be a third fetus." I said, "What?" So as soon as she zoomed in I could see it was a third heartbeat. I said "Holy shit," and I started crying. I said, "That's a third heartbeat." The nurse said, "Well, I am going to go get some backup but, yeah, that's a third heartbeat."

So (husband) was totally cool. Cool as a cucumber. "We'll be alright," he said. "You'll be great, we'll be great."

Then I thought that I was going to have to buy a minivan and I cried even harder.

No comments: