Saturday, June 28, 2008

New York State Thruway, Friday night


Tall, thin man in a white t-shirt filled from collar to waist with a quote from Marcus Garvey, something about remembering your history, to a McDonald's clerk, chubby, nervous, apparently 16 years old and apparently in charge for the evening:

What can I get for 90 cents?

Clerk: I can get you a small drink. I can get you a large drink, really, even.

Customer: Can I get four McNuggets?


Clerk: I can't do that. That would mess up my drawer. We don't sell just four McNuggets here anyway.

Customer: You're sure I can't get four McNuggets? How about a Snack Wrap?


Clerk: No, because my drawer...maybe I can get the drawer open. What if I just give you the 90 cents back if I can get in the drawer.


Customer: Alright. I see you're a man of integrity.

Clerk: No problem sir and you have a lovely day!


Customer: You're sure I can't get four McNuggets?


Clerk: Look I got the drawer opened. I can just give you back the money I shorted you instead.


Customer: OK. Thank you.


Clerk, to me: Crispy chicken club?

Me: Hi


Clerk: OK sir I am so sorry for the wait and you have a lovely day!

No comments: